show on a map: Radmannsdorf Castle
The Radmannsdorf Castle was built between 1555 and 1565 by Otto von Radmannsdorf. Following various inheritance disputes, it fell under the ownership of the Leoben Jesuit College where it remained until 1773. After this point, the state assumed control of the castle. The Renaissance castle was initially a cadets’ school and then headquarters for various administrative offices before becoming a school until 1911.
With the setting up of the district administration authorities, it became the seat of the court, which it still is today. The most precious parts of the old furnishings are now housed at the Museum of Cultural History and Applied Arts at the Joanneum in Graz. 2 of the towers and ruins of the castle walls still remain from that time.
Service Centre for Tourism and City Marketing
Tel: +43 (0) 3172 / 2319-660
Fax: +43 (0) 3172 / 2319-9660
E-mail: tourismus (at) weiz. at